We will be sailing back to Block Island and going the route of New York Harbor and Long Island Sound. This is a “return & review” trip to see if sailing New England is as wonderful as we remember it to be.
We have not been north (NY, CT, RI, MA) since 2011, so it is time for a review. We know of other Island Packet Yacht Owners that are planning to run north as well, so we may have a FLEET, and an Island Packet mini-vous / rendezvous as we travel. Join in anywhere you can find us, to share an anchorage or sail along.
Here is our plan: (Note: This is via NYC and LIS and return to NJ via the ocean)
- Thur, June 26 Rock Hall MD to CD Canal Engineer Cove, anchor or dock
- Fri, June 27 CD Canal to Cape May NJ, anchor or dock at Utsch’s Marina, a good fuel stop
- Sat, June 28 Cape May NJ layday, explore the town
- Sun, June 29 Cape May NJ to Atlantic City NJ, anchor or dock
- Mon June 30, Atlantic City NJ to Sandy Hook, long day 12-15 hrs, anchor or dock
- Tue July 1, Sandy Hook / Atlantic Highlands layday
- Wed July 2, Sandy Hook (through Hell Gate) to Long Island Sound, Port Washington, mooring balls, anchor or dock
- Thur-Mon July 3-7 Port Washington Laydays to ride Long Island Railroad into NYC for days exploring The City. Return to boat each night, relax, enjoy Port Washington.
- Tue July 8 Port Washington heading East to Duck Island, anchor
- Wed, July 9 Duck Island heading East towards New London CT
- Wed or Thur July 9-10 New London CT, drop anchor or take a mooring ball or dock
- Thur to Sun July 10-13 New London CT, SAILFEST, fireworks, festival weekend
- Mon July 14 Sail to Block Island, or stop in at Watch Hill RI for a beach day
- July 14 to July 28 Block Island RI based with trips out from there.
- July 28 – 30 Looking for a weather window to sail offshore back to Cape May NJ
- Aug 1-3 Cape May NJ, anchor or dock
- Aug 4 Cape May to CD or Chesapeake Bay
- Aug 5 Return to Rock Hall, MD
|CLICK to see our CALENDAR|
- Re-explore NYC from mooring balls in Port Washington, NY, riding the train to the city.
- Arrive at New London CT early to be anchored down for SailFest event.
- See the fireworks display Sat night on the river in New London CT. Largest ever!
- Return to Block Island for life on the hook and Block Island fun.
- Cape May NJ
Anchor off the Coast Guard Station
- Atlantic City NJ
Anchor before the bridge
- Atlantic Highlands, NJ, near Sandy Hook
Atlantic Highlands Marina
- Port Washington, Long Island, NY
Port Washington City Moorings
- New London, CT
- Watch Hill, RI